MBBS in Bangladesh is a relatively good option mainly because of quality of MBBS in Bangladesh and MBBS in Bangladesh fee structure. Medical study in Bangladesh is popular among Indians, Nepalis, Srilankan, Malaysian, Australian, Pakistani, Philippino, Palestinian, Maldivian and Bhutanese students. MBBS in Bangladesh is said to be ranked 2nd after MBBS in India. For Indian students, to study in Bangladesh has the added advantage of cultural similarity, including food. To study in Bangladesh for International students is going to be an increasingly famous option in near future. You are welcome to take a closer look at status of MBBS in Bangladesh 2018.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING IN BANGLADESH
In a nutshell, we give you the salient points that make MBBS Course in Bangladesh attractive. However, a little Research from the student’s side is very desirable.
- The most important attraction to study MBBS in Bangladesh is the reasonable Bangladesh Medical College Tuition Fees. There is a Reservation of 75 students in Government Medical Universities in Bangladesh for International students. Also, in Private Medical Colleges of Bangladesh 25% of seats are reserved for non-native students.
- There is a concept that if you are a SAARC student, you don’t have to pay any Tuition Fee for Medical Study in Bangladesh, only your living cost.
- Those who are not under the purview of SAARC have to pay USD 3,000 pa as Bangladesh Medical College Tuition Fees (Hostel Fee included). Now, this is just a ballpark amount, details follow.
- The Medium of Instruction in Medical Study in Bangladesh is English and there is no need for any Language Training.
- All the Government Medical Colleges in Bangladesh recognized by MCI are approved by WHO.
- There is Direct Admission to MBBS Course in Bangladesh without any Donation or Capitation.
DISADVANTAGES OF STUDYING IN BANGLADESH
And now for the flipside! The Medical Study in Bangladesh is also associated with cautions and pitfalls that many other study destinations present.
- The concept of No Tuition Fees under SAARC nomination requires one to have scored 95% in 12th.
- The Recognition of University is also a major issue. Apart from MCI recognition, you need to be careful that it has the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Dhaka and The Medical and Dental Council of Bangladesh, Dhaka.
- While you consider Bangladesh Medical College Admission, remember that the Bangladeshi Bengali is spoken and you need to be a little adept at it.
- Indian students will need to get ‘No objection’ Certificate from MCI, which is more or less true for any country.
- The Private Medical Colleges of Bangladesh do not give admission to students who have more than 2 years gap after 12th.
- A major issue could be that during your Internship you may not be allowed to touch the patients, so make sure it is not ‘Observership’.
MCI APPROVED MEDICAL COLLEGES IN BANGLADESH
We are providing a List of Major Government and Private Medical Colleges of Bangladesh for your perusal.
List of Government Medical College in Bangladesh
- Armed Forces Medical College – Dhaka
- Chittagong Medical College – Chittagong
- Comilla Medical College – Comilla
- Cox’s Bazar Medical College – Cox’s Bazar
- Dhaka Medical College – Dhaka
- Dinajpur Medical College – Dinajpur
- Faridpur Medical College – Faridpur
- Jessore Medical College – Jessore
- Khulna Medical College – Khulna
- Kushtia Medical College – Kushtia
- MAG Osmani Medical College – Sylhet
- Mymensingh Medical College – Mymensingh
- Rangpur Medical College – Rangpur
- Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College – Dhaka
- Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College – Bogra
- Sir Salimullah Medical College – Dhaka
List of Private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh (Alphabetically)
- Ad-din women’s Medical College – Dhaka
- Anwer khan Modern Medical College – Dhaka
- Ashian Medical College – Dhaka
- Bangladesh Medical College – Dhaka
- BGC Trust Medical College – Chittagong
- Central Medical College – Comilla
- Christian Hospital – Bogra
- Community Based Medical College – Mymensingh
- Delta Medical College – Dhaka
- East West Medical College – Dhaka
- Eastern Medical College – Comilla
- Fatema Hospital – Jessore
- Ibn Sina Medical College – Dhaka
- Ibrahim Medical College- Dhaka
- International Medical College – Gazipur
- Jaharul Medical College – Kishoreganj
- Jalalabad Rajib Rebeya Medical College – Sylhet
- Khawja Yunus Ali Medical College – Sirajganj
- Kumudini Medical College – Tangail
- Medical College for Women and Hospital – Dhaka
- Memon Hospital – Chittagong
- Monno Medical College & Hospital, Dhaka
- Nightingle Medical College and Hospital – Dheka
- North Bengal Medical College – Sirajganj
- North East Medical College – Sylhet
- Northern International Medical College – Dhaka
- Prime Medical College – Rangpur
- Rangpur Community Hospital Medical College – Rangpur
- Southern Medical College – Chittagong
- Sylhet Women Medical College – Sylhet
- Z.H. Sikdar Women’s Medical College – Dhaka
ADMISSION TO MBBS IN BANGLADESH – FEES STRUCTURE, ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION PROCESS 2018-19
MBBS in Bangladesh Fee structure is provided below for reference and this structure is valid for 2018-2019 Session.
All Government Universities in Bangladesh for MBBS are MCI Approved. You must make all payment directly from Guardian/Parents Bank Account to College Account.
|College Name||Est.||Univ.||Fees in US$||1st Year Payment||Fees in INR||Hostel Fees||GPA|
|Dhaka National Medical College||1925||DU||45000||26000||29,00,000||Extra||9|
|Bangladesh Medical College||1986||DU||42000||22000||27,00,000||Extra||9|
|Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College||2005||RU||41000||14000||24,70,000||Included||8|
|Southern Medical College||2005||CU||33500||13000||21,00,000||Included||8|
|Barind Medical College||2011||RU||36000||16000||23,00,000||Included||8|
|Monno Medical College||2011||DU||34500||12500||22,50,000||$50/Month||9|
|Uttara Adhunik Medical College||2007||DU||40000||19000||26,50,000||Extra||8|
|BGC Trust Medical College||2003||CU||32000||12000||20,00,000||BDT 2500||7|
|Green Life Medical College||2009||DU||40000||20000||26,00,000||Extra||7|
|Ennam Medical College||2004||DU||40000||20000||26,00,000||Extra||8|
|Delta Medical College||2006||DU||38000||15000||25,00,000||Extra||7|
|Shd Monsur Ali Medical College||1994||DU||38000||18000||24,70,000||Included||7|
|Medical Colleges Only For Girls|
|Medical College for Women||1992||DU||52000||30000||33,80,000||Included||9|
|Sylhet Women’s Medical College||2005||SUST||34000||14000||22,00,000||Included Food||8|
MBBS Course in Bangladesh – Duration 5 years (Session 2018-2019)
You must meet the following Eligibility Criteria for Bangladesh Medical College Admission –
- One has to have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/ ‘A’ level) or equivalent examination.
- One should not have passed Class 10 (X) or SSC/ ‘O’ or equivalent examination before 2015
- One should not have passed Class 12 [XII (10+2)] or HSC/ ‘A’ or equivalent examination before 2017
- The Required Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent has to be 8.00 (eight)
- The Minimum Required GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent should be 3.5
- One must have a Minimum GP of 3.5 in biology
- Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C”. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects) ÷ 3
Application Form for admission into Medical Colleges in Bangladesh becomes available in Month of August September.
All students from India, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives etc. interested to Study Medicine in Bangladesh can contact Suman Sir Study Abroad Consultants, India.
You need to submit three copies of duly filled application forms along with following documents:
- Copy of passport
- 6 passport size photographs
These are to reach the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka by November 2018.
All certificates must be duly attested by the competent authority, i.e. the Education Ministry of the respective country and also be authenticated by the respective Bangladesh Missions abroad/Foreign Missions based in Dhaka.
Application Fee to Apply in the MBBS Courses in Bangladesh 2018:
You need to attach a DD of US$ 60.00 (sixty) payable to: “The Director, Medical Education and HMPD, DGHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh”.
UNIVERSITY SELECTION FOR MBBS IN BANGLADESH
Suman Sir surveys at least 1 more option to study medicine in Bangladesh from the list of MCI approved Universities every year.
We block the seats to ensure guaranteed admission in Universities in Bangladesh for MBBS at the time of accepting the application forms.
It is a good option for International students to Study MBBS in Bangladesh in English medium at some of the best MBBS College in Bangladesh.
MBBS Degree in Bangladesh from Universities in Bangladesh for MBBS recognized by MCI are valued in India.
However, choosing the right college is a challenge for Indian students.
LOW-COST ROADMAP TO STUDY MD/MS IN USA AFTER MBBS IN BANGLADESH
Many of the qualified students who wish to become a physician or a doctor in USA lack sufficient budget. Suman Sir is the largest company recruiting Indian students for MBBS in USA program.
Every year, we place around 200 Indian students for USA. We have this alternative route for them.
Now, the students can complete MBBS in Bangladesh and start preparing for USMLE exam. For this, Suman Sir provides USMLE Step 1 coaching online & USMLE step 2 CK online coaching during their MBBS abroad studies.
The USMLE step 1 coaching guide will consist of various materials:
- 220 Hours of Video and Audio contents.
- 6 to 9 months of interactive online study access.
- Access to the question bank on USMLE Step 1 Exam.
- Huge volumes of hardcover original books and interactive e-books.
- A dedicated mentor to support you throughout the studies.
- Hand holding for ECFMG application process.
- 24 x 7 access to the whole learning resource while you study MBBS abroad.
The students must note that USMLE step 1 and USMLE step 2CK are online exams. Suman Sir is the top MBBS abroad consultants in Mumbai providing the option of MD in USA while you are studying MBBS at top medical college in Bangladesh.
So always have 2 coaching options with you:
- MCI Screening Test coaching (To be replaced by an exam namely ‘NEXT’)
- USMLE Step 1 & 2CK exam coaching to end your medical journey to USA.
BENEFIT TO PURSUE MD IN USA AFTER MBBS IN BANGLADESH
The biggest benefit of completing MD / MS in USA is that you do not have to write MCI Screening Test before or after MBBS in abroad.
It means, on completion of MBBS in Bangladesh, you can go for PG level (MD / MS) in USA without clearing MCI Test. The PG degree completed in USA would be valid in India as well as USA.
Also, all the money that you spent while doing MBBS would be paid back by way of a monthly stipend (USD 4,200 Approx.) while pursuing Medicine in America!
RESERVE YOUR SEAT FOR MBBS IN ABROAD ADMISSION 2018-19
Let us examine a few more options apart from MBBS in Bangladesh.
In 2017, many of the students were waiting for NEET exam. These students made a big mistake since the application deadline for most of the MCI approved MBBS Abroad Universities passed.
As a result, they might have wasted one more year by repeating it. Suman Sir offers you an innovative solution by reserving your seat and taking the admission letter in your hand as your PLAN B.
In case you get the admission through NEET 2018, you need not go to your chosen university for MBBS abroad. However, in case you do not make it, at least your backup plan is ready.
Hence, it would be a smart decision for those students who already booked their medical seats.
You must take note of these important points:
- The fees of private medical colleges in India have been jacked up by almost 50% reaching around Rs. 75 Lacs for the full course. Within a half of this budget, you can complete MBBS in Bangladesh + MD / MS in Germany! It is very simple to carve a global career for medical practitioners now!
- The admission to the Government medical colleges would be only for top 2-3% of the NEET takers.
- You do not need to pay even a single Paisa for reserving the seat except the University application & processing fees.
So just reserve the Medical seat in MCI approved MBBS abroad university as per your budget and relax!
Kindly note that many unprofessional agents collect money from you for the first year Tuition fees from you. As you can see, Suman Sir clearly gives you an indication of the actual fees and its service charges.
SERVICE/CONSULTANCY CHARGES OF Suman Sir
Once you apply for MBBS in Bangladesh programs through Suman Sir, you have several advantages such as:
- FMGE or MCI screening Test (On Line) coaching including Mock test.
- Reliable and honest counseling for MBBS in abroad in 8 countries.
- Trustworthy university selection with long-term success effect.
- Guaranteed Admission to low-cost MBBS in an abroad program.
- Translation of academic documents, Notarization and Apostil.
- Stamping from Embassy & Ministry of External Affairs.
- Perfect Visa application documentation & Zero rejection guarantee of Visa issuance.
- 100% safe and escorted travel services to drop the students to the Universities.
- Accommodation support at the campus.
- FOREX and Travel Insurance support.